Improvement Direction / ROI
- Eliminate multiple staging areas, Reduce the time to receive and rack incoming inventory
- Improved replenishment schedules to eliminate “wait” on the pick line. Reduce delays in the checking area
- Identify required labor requirements and analyze the potential benefits to existing automation technology
- Identify, analyze, and mitigate the constraints imposed by potential slotting strategies
- Impact on the physical facility: Expand and change the layout. Optimize the layout of a new facility
- Identify impact of facility design on overall warehouse efficiency
- Minimize travel, conveyor layout, merge optimization
Warehouse simulation can also help in analyzing the impact of future growth on the warehouse and help in identifying potential capacity constraints. Warehouse optimization is easily controlled and What-if analysis can be used to determine potential impact of new flows and equipment on the operation.
Another key aspect that impacts warehouse efficiency is congestion at different location within the environment. Congestion analysis for incoming/outgoing trucks, internal pick sequences, and replenishment schedules can be simulated and optimized to improve efficiency and reduce overall cost of the operation.
CreateASoft’s latest release of Simcad Pro 14.1 brings the latest game-changing advancements in Dynamic Digital Twin Modeling. What is new in Simcad Pro - Interactive Dynamic Simulator 14.1 - VR/Physics and Smart Entities - Build 3225
Generate Heat Maps, Spaghetti Diagrams, Congestion Maps, and Storage Density Analysis In Seconds
- Import your current inventory by SKU and Location.
- Import or generate pick sequences, put away and replenishment.
- Let the model run, All maps are generated automatically.
- Generate and compare time lapse heat maps, congestion maps, and storage density analysis based on different time intervals.
Use Simcad Pro® to Optimize Slotting - The most flexible slotting environment
- Import locations, SKUs, and constraints.
- Applies to new and existing warehouses.
- Slot based on velocity, congestion, weight, dimensions and more.
- Prioritize your location by strike zones, preferred pick locations, and elevation constraints.
- Organize by product type, category or manufacturer.
- Generate optimized Re-slotting movement sequences and Work Instructions.
Achieve an average of 50% reduction in model turn-around time with On-The-Fly Interactive Dynamic Simulation.
Warehouse Layout & Design Simulation:
- Full support for AGV, tuggers, conveyors, robots, material handling equipment, including physics and detailed motion/ kinematics.
- Interactive Dynamic Simulation integration. Build, Validate, Analyze on-the-fly.
- Define Accurate Model Behavior in a no-code environment and Graphical User Interface does not generate code.
- Multi-layer models and process grouping.
Distribution Center Network:
With Simcad Pro's ability to dynamically interact with external data, companies have successfully implemented simulation to analyze the location of warehouses and distribution centers with respect to demand. Product allocation is no longer a guessing game, but a simulated science that simplifies one of the most complex problems in this industry.
- Slotting, Picking, Receiving Analysis & Optimization.
- Optimizing Overall Warehouse Efficiency.
- Schedule Optimization.
- Staffing Optimization.
- Facility Layout & Design.
- Congestion Analysis and Optimization.